regulation problems in Aeolian era M and H 50"

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:30:31 +0100

List,

In regard to this regulation subject I would like to say this :
It is a basic rule to start a regulation with the key frame and the=20
keys i.e. regulating the key frame with the key frame bolts, thereby,=20
as a (possible) consequence, bringing the keys to the required key=20
height, followed by key leveling and fine adjustment of key dip.
To do this the right way the technician MUST know the desired key hight=20=

as prescribed by the factory. Yamaha models up to C7 have for instance=20=

a (white) key height of 64 mm and smaller Steinway models 63 mm, (from=20=

the upper surface of the key bed to the bottom of the white key top=20
covering).
It is essential to have the correct knowledge of the key height because=20=

the keyboard is the basis of all regulation.
After having gone through this keyboard/key frame regulation first, we=20=

follow the regulation procedure we all should be acquainted with, or=20
can find in several service manuals (Reblitz, Steinway, Yamaha).

It is my experience that if we do this right, every regulation could=20
result in a perfectly playing piano (unless the instrument is a pos=20
from the start).

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek