Noisy Jacks

Dave Mckibben mcbeach@earthlink.net
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:23:04 -0800

Am repairing an upright now, and in every case on this piano, the ' jack clicking noise ' was missing hammer but felt that the jack rests on.
Thats what I have seen anyway.
My 2 cents worth.

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 12/19/2004 7:05:23 AM
Subject: Noisy Jacks

Hello.

So I recently removed the action of a Weber console, to do some regulating, but after returning it I noticed that several of the jacks are making a fairly loud clicking noise, and some of the notes are buzzing (damper related?).  When the action was out, i didn't really touch the jacks all that much; the only thing i can think of is that i had driven the action around, to and my from my apartment, and twice while on the backseat it rolled onto one side and then back onto the other, so maybe that affected something.  Anyhow, as may be apparent, i'm very new to piano technology, so go easy on me.  Thanks.

Scott