Noisy Jacks

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:49:24 -0600

At 10:24 AM -0700 12/19/04, Joe And Penny Goss wrote:
>Check the bridal wires clicking against the damper wire ...
>
>Scott wrote: Tom,
>  thanks for the advice about transporting.

You know. I think that Joe Goss hit on it with the exception of one thing.

  I'll bet that in all that rolling around of the action you mentioned
in your vehicle, some of the bridle wires got bent and are now
hitting against the back check wires (not the damper wires) when you
push the keys down. Especially since you said that's when the
clicking sound is noticeable.

If so, it's a relatively easy adjustment by repositioning the bridle wires.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician