Plastic action parts

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 08:54:52 +0100

I think we can pretty well safely say that whatever skepticism we should
have towards ABS plastic parts in pianos should have to do with issues
other then the longevity of the parts.  I cant say I've run into a
Kawaii with actions problems that had anything to do with ABS plastic...
but maybe I will someday.

That said... I still dont see the need. Wood works great, and personally
I prefer the use of wood where wood has traditionally been used. I dont
like pressed board fall boards or sides either.  Call me old fashioned :)

Cheers
RicB