regulation problems in Aeolian era M and H 50"

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:12:35 +0100

David Ilvedson wrote:

> I think the jack stop rail interferring is the problem.   Good
> thinking Keith.  The jack is lifting the hammer but the cycle is
> stopping before the key bottoms out.
>
> David I.

I would submit that if the jack rail was causing key travel to stop as
12 - 20 mm from the front rail cushions, then you'd have one whale of a
lot of broken jacks. The first time you play a bit hard you the jack
centers would be so stressed that jacks would easily break there.  I
mentioned something similiar with the damper wires earlier on...
Anything like this being responsible for stopping key travel in midair
as it were would have to be able to handle the stress of hard play as
well... or parts will break.

Keith is right about one thing tho.... whatever the problem is it will
be painfully obvious when first noticed.

Cheers
RicB