Plastic action parts

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:30:56 -0500

Hi Tom,

>  Ok  , Lets forget the polio vacine, Chemo therapy, Heart by-pass,
> hybrid
> cars , the micro chip.

I'm not sure what I said which gave you the impression that is what I
mean.

I would say I am against advancements that are presumed to be
advancements because they use "modern" technology. Most of us live in
cultures which are infatuated with modern technology, and I do believe
this affects our judgement. It is likely future generations will think
we're stupid, or primitive, or <fill in general criticism here>, and
only specific things will stand the "test of time". We can see this
even over a short period of time. I do believe we have a responsibility
to be patient about our progress (or lack of).

I'm glad Kawai has been using plastic piano parts, and if it proves to
be a bad thing in the long run I hope Kawai doesn't get a bad wrap for
doing it (though I've never been impressed with their pianos, granted I
haven't tried out one of their EX pianos).

- John