Bore lengths

Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:38:37 +0100

Hi Ed

This is what I usually do, almost. I have a small double square that
allows me to square the hammers to the strings.  I remember reading your
post on this about 3 years back and made my self a nice selection test
hammers to do this.

In this case, measuring this way agreed very well with the results I got
from using the string height to keybed measurement with the action in
the piano.  I havent been back to look again today, but something about
this Petrof has to explain the difference between <<in piano>> and <<on
bench>> measurements using the string height method.

Cheers
RicB