SawStop safety table saw

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:22:14 EST

Cy
    I read your posts .I know the training  thing really sounds good and all
but as one who has seen horrific accidents  from a close friends high school
wood working class this device is waaaay  overdue. You can teach till your blue
in the face but some kids don't learn.
   I couldn't care less about the cost of changing  the blades or the safety
mechanism. If it saved some ones fingers ,SO   what?These are your hands &
fingers with which we all live life. As soon as  I can swing it the Jet goes &
the saw stop comes. My sons use the saw &  they are careful but I don't ever
want to get a call from the hospital saying  Dennis cut his hand.
     I think The manufacturers are missing  the boat. Now that someone is
producing the saw stop saw everyone else will  probably get on board. It's just
the way things works.
  Dale Erwin

Yes,  every time it triggers, you must replace the brake mechanism ($$).  The

presence of the brake may make it more difficult to change blades; I  dunno.
Of course, there's a downside to losing a finger, too; and whether  anyone
forces you to use it is another issue.  The best benefit for  the cost might
be to training shops (i.e. high school), although even pros  get tired
sometimes.

http://www.sawstop.com/home.htm

--Cy--