Bad Student Piano Insight

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:49:22 -0600

>The information I gave him about his piano was completely brand-new stuff
>for him.

As will be the revelation that piano techs aren't on salary (somewhere),
aren't doing this as a hobby to relieve the boredom of the idle rich, and
need to be compensated for time spent on the customers' behalf finding
another piano, in order to eat. This all may seem incredible, but it's not
remotely uncommon.

>One question remains though: why hadn't her piano teacher of six years
>said anything to the parents about the piano?

Since when do piano teachers know any more about pianos than anyone else
out there in consumerland? This could easily be brand new stuff to the
teacher as well. I have a question. Do you tune the teacher's piano? If
not, why doesn't the teacher's tuner tune this piano? Does the teacher HAVE
a piano, and if so, is it EVER tuned?

Ron N