Bad Student Piano Insight

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:23:05 -0600

I have noticed that children are VERY perceptive.  They don't always know
WHY they hate playing the piano they just don't like it.  The piano is no
joy to play when it sounds so sour.

The saddest story was when I went to tune and was told they are tuning the
horribly out piano because they know they can't sell it without tuning it.
The story was the kid quit playing it last year.  I sit down and cannot play
any piece on it because there are so many bad non-working notes and it is
several notes low in pitch.  I don't blame the kid for quitting.  They were
willing to have it all repaired to sell it but not for the kid to play it.

Some people! ! !

Lynn Bullock

WHATEVER health problem you or your family may have, put the worlds greatest
healer to work for you----YOUR BODY’S OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM.  Your body is
capable of repairing itself from EVERY disease if you give it the right
fuel.  Visit http://bullock.goldenkeys.net/ to learn how to get the right
fuel and you may also investigate a great automated business to be in at the
same time.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Vinny Samarco [mailto:vinsam@sympatico.ca]
  Sent: Friday, December 24, 2004 9:47 AM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Re: Bad Student Piano Insight

  Hi Terry and List,
  As a pianist and teacher as well as new tuner, I can only offer the
following insight.
  Perhaps, A, the teacher has never been to the student's house but the
student has always traveled to the teacher. Or B, the teacher shouldn't be
teaching piano.
  No wonder so many kids quit piano-having to play on such a terrible
instrument.

  Vinny