Year End

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:06:30 EST

In a message dated 12/25/2004 8:51:14 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Tvak@aol.com writes:

I've  weathered the loss of income for this year and look forward to what
next year  will bring, but my fear is that I've topped out here, and the totals
for the  last three years represent the upper limit of what my business will
bring  in.  If this is the case, I've got a nice part time job here.

Tom,

You know I have been around a few years longer than you and have kept a log
of my revenue, broken down by source and being up three years and down one is
not all that unusual at all.  In fact that is the cycle I usually go
through.  I have learned not to panic on those down years, (this one for  example)
because I have some perspective gained from previous cycles.  In  everything
there are seasons.  We are not fearing an impending ice age here  in Chicago
because we have learned spring follows winter and in a couple of  months we may
begin to see the crocus poking through the ground near the  house.  This doesn't
mean you don't learn from the hardships of your  winters.  Take some time
over the Christmas break and reevaluate your  business practices.  Change your
marketing strategies, determine to learn  to sell and install some new service
or product, or tweak your business in some  other manner.  Farmers use the
winter time to plan next year's crop, repair  and maintain their equipment, and
rest some for they know than when spring  time comes the work will be plenty and
intense.

Hang in there brother, spring is just around the corner.

Andrew Remillard