why sell maintenance the customer won't notice?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:18:27 -0800

<<I
recommend string covers so I doen't have to clean very
often. >>

I sure hope you are charging a fee for cleaning! In cases where a first-time
client has grand that is filthy; soundboard so dirty you can hardly see the
decal, corrosion on strings, action coated with decades of dust and debris,
etc. I point this out to the client and tell them my fee, and then strongly
suggest a string cover to keep it clean.

Has anyone ever had a customer ask: "Isn't cleaning part of the tuning"?
Hmmmm, When you get your car tuned up, do you you also expect to get your
car washed, waxed and detailed at no extra charge? If the refrigerator guy
comes to do some repairs, do you also expect him to clean out the inside
where you dropped food, spilled milk or juice, or maybe the plumber, after
he unclogs your toilet, should he also take the toilet brush, cleanser and
other household cleaners and scub away? Dream on!
Terry Peterson