Year End

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 16:10:29 -0800

I don't worry about electronic keyboards. They have their purposes which
include replacing spinets as the entry level piano. They don't last
nearly as long as spinets, though, and someone getting serious about
playing the piano is going to upgrade to a real one sooner or later; if
they play on a nice piano (maybe their teacher's) and have developed
their ear some, they will hear the difference. Given that electronic
keyboards are more affordable, don't take up much room and are easy to
move, more people are apt to buy them and get exposed to playing music
on a keyboard instrument.

Where we might have a worry is if electronic keyboards become developed
to the point where most people can't tell whether it's a piano or Memorex.

Tom Cole