Steinway aggraffes

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:40:15 -0500

And so, pray tell, how does one go about extracting this agraffe some =
years down the road?

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: w peterson=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 8:28 PM
  Subject: Re: Steinway aggraffes

  I just ran into a massed up aggrafe in a s and s  B.  I roughed up the =
threads with a tap and die, and used JB Weld.  It has 2 ton strength and =
can be drilled etc.  They use it for engine block repairs.  It is thick =
and easy to work with.  It takes 14 hours to harden completely. =20

  Bill Peterson
    ----- Original Message -----=20