digital?

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 17:58:45 +0100

Yet another intuitive insight :

I do believe that artefacts bear with them the spirit which leaded to their
conception.
In front of an electronic device, I hear voices that say "let's make quickly
easy money" and indeed, some folks think "I must have that thing, it is the
key to my power and mighty success", but as soon as another better device
comes into market, the former one is worth nothing, that is really nothing
(just like a 282 PC with Windows 3.1).
In front of an old glorious days piano of a good maker, I hear voices saying
"let's make an instrument as beautiful and sensitive as we are able (and
dedicated) to make (there is a market for that)" and indeed, some folks
think "oh my god ! this thing is talking to me about beauty and sensitivity"
(just like an aquarelle of Marie Laurencin).
Er ... And yes, in front of a nowadays piano, I hear voices saying "ok, give
them what they want, for no more than they can afford", and some then think
"this instrument sounds exactly like that of K. J. on his megasell record ;
I want it".  ... (just like a can of Coke).

ok, I retract that last sentence.  But just because SOME things have
evolved.  And because it is Christmas.

Stéphane Collin.