digital?

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:59:02 -0600

Guy,

Not only can one "tucker" out, tendonitis can occur!  Even though I =
would tell myself I was only playing a keyboard, the musician in me =
would automatically try to get that keyboard to react like a piano.  I =
remember playing for an event and thinking, "Well, at least in this =
section I can settle for playing softly,"  and then the sound man took =
over and bumped up my volume.  So much for expression!    :-) =20

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Nichols=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 4:36 PM
  Subject: Re: digital?

  At 09:19 PM 12/25/2004 -0800, you wrote:

    As a pianist, though, there is never any doubt about whether they =
are as satisfying to play as a real piano.  There still is no =
comparison.

    Don Mannino RPT=20

  . But every one of those excellent players would tucker out after no =
more than half an hour. Even when there was a "zero" volume, like =
unspoken escapement, and good damper physical modeling (multi-step, =
etc.), the control just wasn't there without Herculean effort.=20

  Just my 2 =A2,
  Later,
  Guy Nichols, RPT