digital

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:20:00 -0600

>Not to sound negative, so much as to point out that the "system" of the
>instrument is more than the sum of the parts.

I'm not so sure that's the case. I think it depends on an accurate enough
description or assessment of all the parts. The system is surely more than
the sum of less (or fewer) than all the parts, but should be predictable
given enough detail. When we can't predict the behavior of a system, we
don't have enough detailed knowledge about it's component parts, or their
interactions.

>A rep for a major mfg. once told me that even with the best touch and
>sound manipulation, ya still gotta use a board under tension as a
>speaker..... so..... it's cheaper to build and maintain a piano!

I know you don't mean "tension".

Ron N