Squre grand tuning: fun

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 07:44:22 -0800

Terry said: "Joe, I'm 6' 0" and I sit at a square grand to tune it. No =
way would I =3D
ever bend/stoop to tune. I will bend over for a few seconds to get =3D
started on the correct tuning pin - but after that you don't need to =3D
inspect each pin - there is a bit of a pattern to their arrangement!

For any piano other than a square grand or a birdcage I will quote my =
=3D
normal tuning fee. If someone wants me to tune either of those two, I =
=3D
quote my square-grand/birdcage hourly fee (25% greater than my normal =
=3D
on-site hourly rate)."

Terry,
And you either have arms like a gorilla or you are using a lever that is =
too long to achieve a solid tuning, IMO!=20
As for your price...It's waaaaay too low!!!!!! My fee for squares is =
DOUBLE my regular rate. My fee for Over-Damper pianos/Players is 50% =
higher!
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I