Roland digital

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:00:13 +0100

Peter Joris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use a Roland RD-150 stage piano, I like it very much, it is not the same
> as the real thing, but to make it portable it is one of the closest to a
> piano and affordable options to get a piano on stage in comparison to a real
> piano. The sounds are very usable and 64 notes polyphony is enough for me

Which, in the end is what this whole digital bit is about. Once the public
decides the sound and touch are useable enough, the acoustic industry is in
big trouble.

The portability and ease of maintaince will be simply to attractive to the
vast majority of potential piano owners in the end.

A digi piano will never be an acoustic piano, but then it doesnt need to be
either.

Cheers
RicB