Soundboard stiffening (was Re: No downbearing)

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:11:42 -0500

At 07:01 PM 2/1/2004 -0500, Dale Erwin wrote:

>PS  I hope somewhere in here is something of an answer/opinion David S was
>looking for.

No such luck Dale, but, in fact, since this thread moved to "soundboard
stiffening", I wasn't expecting one, though I appreciate the thought.  As I
said in an  earlier response (to RicB, I think), I'm trying to stay away
from consideration of stiffness, crown, method of construction, etc.  It
seems to have been exhaustively covered over the last few years, even if
some questions remain.  But I notice that Ron N has challenged me to be
more accurate with my questions, and, judging from his tone, I don't have
too many chances left, so I'm off to his post.  Good luck to me.

David Skolnik