Bechstein Pinblock

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:05:35 -0600

-----Original Message-----

> Subject: Bechstein Pinblock
>

> I'm replacing my first Bechstein pinblock.  This one had to be done.  It
> was literally falling apart.  SO...now that I'm ready to begin shaping
> the Bolduc blank I can't find an appropriate router bit with a 25
> degree angle to cut the ledge.
>
> Try Eagle America.  They have a website, and many router bits.  Find one
> close, then shim the base of your router for the exact angle.
>
> Paul C

I've replace several Bechstein pinblocks, along with a few
Bosey/Bluthner/ancient S&S/Chickering/etc. openface pinblocks and have yet
to use a router for shaping and/or beveling. Shape two separate panels using
a bandsaw, chisels, disc grinders, etc., and glue the things together. It's
quick and easy and it doesn't even take all that much time -- you should be
done and stringing well before some fancy router bit arrives.

Del

_Actually, I do it as you have stated.  It's much more efficient.  Never did
try a router.  I happen to be on the Eagle America mailing list.  When the
need arrives, I check with them first.

Paul C