Correspondence tuning courses

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 03:44:14 EST

bfd.dsl@pacific.net.au writes:

> I would like to get some reaction from you regarding the correspondence
> courses available.. eg: Randy Potter and the American School of Tuning etc.
>
> There are no "hands on" courses available in Australia anymore except
> occasional apprenticeships.
>
> Has anyone successfully passed one of these correspondence courses and would
> you recommend them?

Barry,

I've taken and completed the course.  Like any other course, correspondence
or otherwise, you get out of it what you put into it.  Much good information is
there.  It is a good beginning, but working with other techs will make many
of the lessons in it have more meaning to you.  I would certainly recommend it
as a great way to get off the ground.  Randy has a very easy-going, personable
style .

The only negative thing I can say is that you might have to wait awhile for
the return of recorded test results.

Good luck,

Dave Stahl