lid construction

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 05:05:18 -0800 (PST)

Paper backed veneer may be flat, but I'd investigate
whether the veneer might separate from the paper, as I
have heard it may by my local supplier, Furniture
Care, in Marietta, Ga.. Call Highland Hardware in
Atlanta, or a veneer supplier ( tons of them listed in
rear of "fine Woodworking".  They know a lot about
this stuff.
     Thump

P.S. Is poplar better for a  lid this size than
furniture grade plywood, like beech???
 Just curious. I have a  lid to build also, and am
really interested in learning what everyone knows
about this.

--- "Paul Chick (Earthlink)" <tune4@earthlink.net>