Concert grand repalcement value

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:44:58 -0500

Yes it will, but I forgot to add the part about praying for rain, as in =
thunderstorm, and hoping for a direct lightning strike. Or, anyone in =
your household have the nasty habit of smoking in bed?

BTW, any pictures of the piano? I own a couple M&Hs, but they are 1912 & =
1914. Is yours a screw-stringer? A pic with top & bottom panels removed? =
(Kinda like Janet, but with the bottom off also.)

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David M. Porritt=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 8:54 AM
  Subject: Re: Concert grand repalcement value

  Terry:

  I have a 115-year-old Mason & Hamlin upright in my living room.  Will =
that work?

  dave

  David M. Porritt, RPT
  Meadows School of the Arts
  Southern Methodist University
  Dallas, TX 75275

  From: Farrell <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
  To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>

  What does a new one cost?  $100,000?

  My homeowners policy is a "replacement value" policy. If my 20 year =
old TV and my 30 year old stove burn up in a fire, State Farm will =
replace my TV and stove with a similar model new TV and stove. Likewise =
my worn out recliner - it burns up and I get a new one. Why would a =
piano be any different?

  Everyone should stash a worn-out 90-year-old Mason & Hamlin upright in =
their living room. And have a replacement value homeowners insurance =
policy. Your house burns up and you get a new $25,000 piano!

  Terry Farrell
    ----- Original Message -----=20