lid construction

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:17:18 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2004 5:05:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lclgcnp@yahoo.com writes:
P.S. Is poplar better for a  lid this size than
furniture grade plywood, like beech???
Just curious. I have a  lid to build also, and am
really interested in learning what everyone knows
about this.
I chose poplar simply because it is what I have found in every lid in which I
have seen the core.  Also its weight to strength ratio is very good.  This is
an 8' piano and weight does become an issue. Solid wood is stiffer than ply
wood which is another reason I chose not to use ply wood.

Andrew Remillard
2417 Maple Ave
Downers Grove, IL 60515
ANRPiano.com