Concert grand repalcement value

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:57:59 -0600

Terry:

Yes, it's a screw stringer and the best data I can find indicate=
 it was made in 1887.  To take pictures of the inside, I'd have=
 to remove a lot of .......uh, "pretty things" from the top. =
 I'll see about doing that soon.  I tune it about every 5 years=
 or so whether it needs it or not.  If all pianos stayed in tune=
 like that one, we'd both be working at 7-Eleven!

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275

From: Farrell <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Concert grand repalcement value

Yes it will, but I forgot to add the part about praying for rain,=
 as in thunderstorm, and hoping for a direct lightning strike.=
 Or, anyone in your household have the nasty habit of smoking in=
 bed?

BTW, any pictures of the piano? I own a couple M&Hs, but they are=
 1912 & 1914. Is yours a screw-stringer? A pic with top & bottom=
 panels removed? (Kinda like Janet, but with the bottom off=
 also.)

Terry Farrell