Quiztime... or Petrof Blues...agin:)

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:52:55 +0100

Hi folks...

Ran into a really cute one... older Petrof 6 foot variant. I had a basic
action cleanup, lub, and regulation in front of me. I'd gotten so far as
to be back at the piano and started to do the rough in... and noticed
real quickly in the middle area that there was this squishy feeling to
the bottom of the key stroke... sort of like what you get if the damper
stop rail is adjusted just barely too low... but it wasnt. The other
clue is that removing key front punchings really didnt seem to help, or
give any increase in dip or aftertouch. I didnt find the problem until I
noticed the keys wouldnt fall to the front felt punchings with the
weight of the top action removed.

This may be easy to guess at now... but I just couldnt believe it had
gotten out of the factory in this condition. Amazing ! 50 Q&A points for
the first to guess right :)

Cheers
RicB