Quiztime.... or Petrof Blues...again:)

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:49:44 +0100

Hi gang.

Several of you were getting mighty warm. The problem is related to the
balance rail pin / hole / position thing. I figured it was pretty easy
to narrow in on this one. But no one got it 100 % right, so I throw out
the kicker clue.

If you removed the stack, the keys would fall forward and perhaps about
a third of the keys (black and white) would fall to only about 8 mm key
dip. No balance rail pin top was pushing against the back of the key
button. Bending them forward wasnt a posibility actually as they were
really too far forward already. The pins were not to tight per se...as
I'd just sized them to fall slowly ala Yamaha's  method for that.

When you pressed hard on those keys... you could see the top of the
balance rail pin just aft of dead center in the window flex forward with
the pressure on the key front.

Cheers
RicB