Quiztime.... or Petrof Blues...again:)

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 05:36:25 -0600

At 08:49 2/5/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi gang.
>
>Several of you were getting mighty warm. The problem is related to the
>balance rail pin / hole / position thing. I figured it was pretty easy to
>narrow in on this one. But no one got it 100 % right, so I throw out the
>kicker clue.
>
>If you removed the stack, the keys would fall forward and perhaps about a
>third of the keys (black and white) would fall to only about 8 mm key dip.
>No balance rail pin top was pushing against the back of the key button.
>Bending them forward wasnt a posibility actually as they were really too
>far forward already. The pins were not to tight per se...as I'd just sized
>them to fall slowly ala Yamaha's  method for that.
>When you pressed hard on those keys... you could see the top of the
>balance rail pin just aft of dead center in the window flex forward with
>the pressure on the key front.
>
>Cheers
>RicB

"Fuzzies" or chips not cleared from mortice or mortice not drilled deep
enough, leaving the bottom too thick??

Conrad Hoffsommer
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- Apprentice Curmudgeon