Rebuilding old uprights

Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:19:19 -0000

Hello List and Dave Nereson
Thanks for the info. Seems to be a good case for: "If its old, replace" I
doubt that 90 year old piano would have acceptable hammer felts now. As for
the damper felt it is truly amazing how the sound of a piano improves with
greater efficiency in damping from new felt. BTW my supplier
(fletcher-newman.co.uk) has a great line in "ready cut" damper felts for
Uprights and Grands. It's not a gimmick - cutting that thick felt without
showing ridges and non-uniformity is virtually impossible - so I go for the
"sets" of "ready-cut" every time. Has red felt backing too. Great
time-saver. Tidy professional look.
Regards
Michael G (UK)