[Files] Odd tuning system (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:33:32 -0000

Hello Robin Stevens.
I tried to look at the photos you posted but it seems I am barred from the
pipermail site.... So I'll have to hazzard a guess that you are talking
about that strange "pull-through-like-a-bicycle-brake-" method of tuning.
You need a tube-spanner for this job. The only trouble I had with it was
replacing broken strings - it requires some fine guess-work. Am I right in
my guess? You also need a spanner to turn the tube-spanner. This gets close
to the 'cello and violin adjusters, non?
Regards
Michael G (UK)