Verituner

Sun, 8 Feb 2004 17:55:12 -0000

Hello List
A few years ago I was in a church tuning a piano when the organ tuners
arrived to complicate matters. They saw me using an ancient Seiko quartz
chromatic tuner and said: "You're cheating using that thing" Well I suppose
in a way I was - they still abide by the tuning fork method of laying the
bearings. But that's all I use the tuner for - just laying the bearings.
Even then I'm checking M3,M4, M5s and as soon as I'm out of the bearing area
I turn the darn thing off. Save the batteries. The ear is by far the better
judge of tuning IMHO than any electronic tuning device - particularly at
both ends of the keyboard.
Regards on a dusky evening listening to the peal of the Village church opf
St.Mary...
Michael G (UK)