Sizing damper guide rail bushings

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 21:20:33 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 8:38 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Sizing damper guide rail bushings

>List,
>
>I have a newly rebushed damper guide rail. I ve inserted nails sized
>slightly larger than the damper wires  into  the bushings while the
glue
>dries ( Glue applied only to the area on the underside of the rail
where
>the hole flares out)  I remember a recommendation to size the bushings
>with alc.- water.
>
>             Good idea ?
>
>             Thanks in advance
>
>             Tom Driscoll RPT

Tom,
Three other guys pretending to be you just asked the same question. Very

weird. Use #7 bridge pins for the cauls, and the alcohol shrink if
necessary, and it'll be just right.

Ron N

Thanks Ron,
	I guess the list was down today and I resent my message thinking
the glitch was on my end.
	I used a 6p bright finish nail for the cauls---.015 larger than
the damper wire in this piano (Henry F. Miller) and did indeed alcohol
shrink as they were too tight.
	Thanks for the bridge pin tip and for not answering three more
times
	Tom Driscoll