Fwd: Shoe pegs or epoxy to fill bridge holes

Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:36:43 -0800

Dale:

Actually I dip the toothpicks in glue (I like the Bolduc a little better too, it seems to set up harder), stick them into the holes and them clip them off with pair of center pin flush cutters.  I usually clip off the pointy tips on a new toothpick before I start inserting to get to the fuller diameter of the toothpick.  I get about three or four holes per toothpick.  Then when dry a very sharp Japanese Crank Neck Paring Chisel followed by a sharp scraper.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 2/8/2004 4:31:21 PM
Subject: Fwd: Shoe pegs or epoxy to fill bridge holes

In a message dated 2/8/2004 9:08:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, Erwinspiano writes:
  Terry,David, Ron & Joe
    Thanks for the reply & suggetions. Terry I had feeling you'd have a fair bit of epoxy experience. I know that from Rons comment on it doesn't matter what's below the top  is a credible reality but I,m going to fill the holes any way. Often I end up redrilling right into the same holes, so I've thought why bother but I like the idea of a tight hole for the pin thru out its length. I like davids suggestion of the toothpicks only I'd use the Non-gumming up bolduc glue insted of the tight bond. Stick em in, let em set up a bit,shave them off with a chisel, scrape the bride top, glue on the caps & ready to rock & roll. Ok I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Thanks to all for the suggestions
     Dale