Verituner

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 05:14:43 -0600

At 06:05 2/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>"The ear is by far the better judge of tuning IMHO than any electronic
>tuning device..."
>
>I thought the only way to judge a tuning was by ear.
>
>My Verituner calculates a very nice tuning. I was not aware of a "judging"
>function. Can the Verituner or any other ETD "judge" a tuning?
>
>Terry Farrell

Terry,

I can only speak for RCT, but it _does_ have the PTG test curve, etc.
incorporated into it. It is used by a number of CTEs to administer tests.

Is that judgemental enough?
;-}

Granted, a jury of three RPTs has to agree on the "master tuning" of the
piano being used for the test, but once the tuning is recorded, it (RCT) is
used to judge the examinee's work.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.