Verituner

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:33:39 +0100

Depends on what you mean by the word "judge".  For example, once a
decision is made as to the frequencies a given note SHOULD exhibit when
tuned, the tuning device can judge whether or not the note conforms to
whit therein.. On the other hand, the tuning device is not able do make
the origional judgement as to the desired frequencies in the first place.

Its like the old idea in the NFL about using cameras to make certain
calls. The camera is more capable to make the call in some instances
then the referee ever could be... but it is totally incapable of
deciding what the rules of the game should be.

Its all very philological you see :)

Cheers
RicB