piano on a diet

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:48:09 -0700

Hi all,
Finally found a piano that I could try out a new to me idea for reducing the
touch weight.
The candidate was a Conn studio and had DW in the 70s.
The procedure that was used reduced the weight to an average of 55.
Now that I have done the work I may try to reduce the time it took by doing
it differently. It tool this slow goose 2 1/2 hours.
Glued each felt punching to the bottom of the key stick.
Gluing only the back of the felt. Went to lunch to let the glue dry. After
30 minutes I returned and using my special side flush cutters, trimmed off
the felt punching to the edge of the front of the balance rail hole..
Next time if there is one I will remove the keys and place a drop of the
glue on the back of the felts in the piano. this should reduce the time it
took by over an hour, as this time the glue was laborously applied to the
bottom of the key stick and the felts placed over the hole and set asside to
dry.
I think that a drop to the back side and imediatly placing the key stick
back in place for a clamp will work and save much time.
Ready?
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com