Double drilling pinblocks: Hand held versus drill press.

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:09:25 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 2:54 AM
Subject: Re: Double drilling pinblocks: Hand held versus drill press.

> And what would Florida have to do with pinblock replacement?

Well, Terry, when I lived in Florida the humidity was about 175%.  Okay I'm
eggszagerating, but I wouldn't call it a dry heat.  So if you move the piano
to a drier locality, it loses weight.  Cracks open up and you gotta fill
them.  I think I'd use left over hanging chads with some west systems epoxy
to fill the holes, drive the pins in wet and tune it before the epoxy gets
too hard.  Okay, not the first choice for high end work.  (Gotta pull your
chain every chance I get, (G).)

Carl Meyer Ptg assoc
Santa Clara, Ca.