Double drilling pinblocks: Hand held versus drill press.

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:03:25 +0100

Avery Todd wrote:

> Thanks, Carl,
>
> Obviously, Terry has never lived in a really low-humidity locale and
> had a piano come in from somewhere like Florida, or Houston for that
> matter, that had been there for many years! :-) I have!
>
> Avery

Probably explains part of Terry's love for Steinways as well :)  I
remember one afternoon in Orlando f ew years back. I swear if it was any
more humid outside you would have to wear a mask with a  humidty filter
in order to breath. On top of that it was raining so hard that you
couldnt see more then 3 feet in front of your face... so the mask would
have had to be attached to an upside down snorkle or something.  And the
heat !!... the rain would turn into steam as soon as it hit the
ground... before actually. I mean it was like walking in a turkish bath
and being under a hot water fire hose at the same time. The first shower
lasted for all of 15 minutes and the cows were already swimming for what
little high pasture there is in Florida. And the Hotel owner told us all
to get up to the third floor cuz the gators just love these kinds of
storms....  now THAT was being flabergasted.  The word Monsoon just dont
cover it... if yer gets my meanings.

Cheers
RicB