longitudinal waves

Mark Kinsler kinsler33@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:09:09 -0500

So there's a program that'll simulate the behavior of a stretched string,
non-linearities and all?  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm
certainly impressed.  And the recording and simulation sounded alike (though
the attack, etc. was different.)

I'm sitting here wondering how you could measure longitudinal waves on a
string separately from the transverse waves.  It's easy enough to detect
motion in a plane perpendicular to the string, but how would you isolate
longitudinal waves?

I wish those two spectra had some labels on them.  I couldn't figure them
out.

M Kinsler
512 E Mulberry St. Lancaster, Ohio USA 43130 740-687-6368
http://home.earthlink.net/~mkinsler1

Find great local high-speed Internet access value at the MSN High-Speed