filling pinblock/"fitting" pins

Will Wickham wwickham@stny.rr.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:29:35 -0500

David:

I did a small grand with Webb's Wood Rebuilder a couple years ago. I
have been quite pleased with the results. My procedure was this: after
covering the bottom of the holes with masking tape, I used grilling
skewer sticks to "swab" the inside of the holes with a fair amount of
the rebuilder. After it had some time to cure (overnight, I think...) I
removed the tape and opened the holes with an appropriate sized twist
drill, then proceeded to pin (2/0) in the normal fashion.

I've tuned the beast 3 times since, the pins are still tight and even
and it stays in tune beautifully thanks to that and the Dampp-Chaser
system with an undercover!

will wickham
shivering in  the upstate winter