Verituner

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:00:12 -0000

Hello List and Andrew of Las Cruces
You said (inter alia): "If you use an ETD to set the bearings (like I do)
aren't you putting your tooner ear at risk too?"
No.. Can't accept that. While I am using an EDT I am also using my ears...

 " I do use the ETD to track what is going on as I spread out from the
middle, but since I am using a stone-age ETD I trust my ear and correct the
ETD settings constantly."
Right on... You must set the M3s correctly with those old stone-age devices
(which are just a means to an end)
"Where I use it most is extreme treble where I and a lot of aural tuners
have trouble hearing the really short beats."
I never use an EDT at the top end - just my ears and the usual 10ths, 15ths.
and 17ths. It's truly amazing what these intervals will tell you...
Same at the Bass end.
Regards
Michael G (UK)