Gina Carter

Ruth Phillips webb50@comcast.net
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:32:47 -0500

List,
Hearing of Gina's passing takes me back to the many conversations we shared.
The first time I met her was during the 1991 convention in Philadelphia,
when I was host chair.  What a week.  Gina and Evelyn Smith showed up at my
hotel room with a bouquet of roses!  I was floored at the kindness shown and
the special welcome I felt, and I've never forgotten it.
Her passion for life was boundless.  "Honeysuckle Rose" keeps running
through my head this week.  Even in sickness, she displayed grace, wit and
love.  No matter which microphone you might have been behind, Gina was
nonstop for PTG.  One time, I don't recall the issue, she spoke about how no
one in the issue at hand would be able to get everything desired, but that
we could work it out.  I never forgot that either.
Go with God, Gina
Ruth Phillips