get yourself a Cadillac and enjoy the ride

Peter Lamos selahpiano@hotmail.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:09:52 -0500

Another vote for ETD.
=20
Of the five pianos today, three were in a fancy hotel / convention
center.  The first was in the "Tavern" where the folks listening to
elevator music were competing with those sitting at the bar watching
T.V., laughing and I guess telling jokes (I wear musicians plugs).  The
second was a console in a room with a fancy name that really just means
"windows."  The staff were busy setting up chairs, tables, silverware,
plates and, oh yes, testing the sound equipment.  Before I was through
one of the big wigs told me there was one more they wanted me to do but,
"this is a new one, so you won't have any trouble with it."  So he took
me to it.  It was 100 - 200 cents flat, a spinet sitting in the kitchen.
Yes, the kitchen.  They assured me they weren't going to leave it there,
but thought it was a good place to have it tuned.  I think I set A4 to a
clanging pot in the sink and my ascending thirds were synchronized to
the clacking casters on the cumbersome carts that carried who knows
what.  The ETD almost saved the day (Tune-Lab Pocket), I still needed
some BC powder when I got back to my car. =20
=20
Peter Lamos
Brunswick, GA =20
=20