Archives

dm.porritt@verizon.net dm.porritt@verizon.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 7:19:54 -0600

From: "Dave Nereson" <davner@kaosol.net>
Date: 2004/02/12 Thu AM 03:38:30 CST
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: OT stuff, archives

    Is there still a monitor / screener / editor -type person for the
archives?   I don't think all the political stuff, fluff, jokes, rambling
and banter should end up in the archives.

--- BIG SNIP ---

To answer your question, no there is no editor for the archives.  What's sent out to the membership is included in the archives.

It's a little scarey to me that while the election is in November, we are fighting political wars already in February.  I'm sure political forums and newsgroups on the internet outnumber piano forums by quite a wide margin.

This list has spam and porn filters.  They look at the text of messages for specific words and hold-for-approval all messages that contain them.  I'm wondering if we should add words like "Bush" "Kerry" "Dean" "Clinton" and "elect" to the spam filters.

It might be easier to just delete all messages that don't contain "piano".  Hmmmm!

Dave Porritt, co-chair
Electronic Communications Committee

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts