OT stuff, archives

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:11:01 -0800

Are you volunteering, Dave?

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Nereson
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 1:39 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: OT stuff, archives

    Is there still a monitor / screener / editor -type person for the
archives?   I don't think all the political stuff, fluff, jokes,
rambling
and banter should end up in the archives.  It just takes up room,
doesn't
accomplish anything, and makes the contributors and or PTG look
unprofessional.  At least it's not in the Journal.
    My main gripe about it is that when one is researching the archives
for
answers to a piano problem, the threads/subject lines mean nothing.  You
look up bridle straps and get political rants, apes, Dr. Kevorkian, the
Super Bowl, Goebbels, etc., ad frustratium.....
    What if you were searching the archives of a medical or dental group
for
information on a health problem you, your wife, or kids had, and under
"sudden aneurisms" all you could find was how the hunting was in
Arkansas
this fall, the relative merits of this year's Cadillacs versus Lexus,
and
how Bush compares to Boffo the clown, or whatever, etc.?        --David
Nereson, RPT