Cleaning graphite from key bed

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:27:48 -0600

Hi Jerry,
                   I have been able to clean up70% of it with=20
alcohol.    "DO NOT" rub it, as it just spreads. Spray the alcohol over the=
=20
mess, let sit for 10-20secs then blot up with  absorbent paper towel.=20
Repeat many times, to get most off.
Carefully and lightly scrape with a high grade/sharp cabinet scraper to=20
finish.   A light coat of sanding sealer,  or clear shellac, can help to=20
keep the rest locked in. Bed the frame and dust the contact points with=20
Teflon powder.
Be patient, and be prepared that you will not get it all off.

Hope this helps

Regards Roger.