Cleaning graphite from key bed

Jerry Cohen emailforjc@yahoo.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:47:36 -0500

Isaac,
Thanks for the response.
What is the best way to clean up the graphite now that the damage is
already done? Is sanding enough or is there any good solvent for
graphite?

Actually, Teflon must be from France. It's made by DuPont. That sounds
French to me!

Jerry Cohen

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Isaac sur Noos
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 2:09 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Cleaning graphite from key bed

I'd clean as much as I can, then spray a coat of Teflon, a French
product, widely used worldwide <G>(take care of the strings with the
moist of Teflon) so the thing stay reasonably clean .

It is amazing the number of products that could have been tried to
clear a noisy of hard to move keybed, when the basic cure is to clean
it (sanding and talc, or Teflon powder these days)!

Be careful when you leave the action on a table that it can go across
the room easily then !

Isaac OLEG