OT stuff, archives

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:59:25 +0100

You guys just dont get it.... we are a family, and while we are
primarilly interested in talking piano here, like every family the
conversations stray into this and that. Its just like being in one of
those big convention receptions. 80% of the mumbling going on within any
given earshot is piano related... and then there is a good portion of
kidding around, a few religious, political freys, a bit of sports
talk... whatever. You have to expect the same here. I can imagine what
would happen if you walked up to the guy a few feet away at the closing
dinner at the national and asked him to keep the discussion on piano
only topics.

All that said... I see no reason why all this must be saved in the
archives. And I really dont see why some degree of automation could not
be employed to do the largest portion of the work.

John Page states that he goes to the trouble of cutting and pasting
directly from the archives. If thats not more trouble then its worth for
him to do... then requiring the addition of a small <<for the archives>>
signalment in the subject line should be even less work for all of us.

If each of us stops to think of just how much we write in that we really
would like to see saved... I am sure most would find quite a bit could
easily be dropped for one or another reason. Conversation is one
thing.... keeping records is another.

Cheers
RIcB