OT stuff, archives

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:35:16 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: OT stuff, archives

>> You guys just dont get it....  . . . >>

    No.  Having an opinion doesn't mean nobody else "gets it."   "Gets", of
course, is contemporary slang for "understand, comprehend"; but what is
'it'?  We don't get WHAT?  YOUR idea of what should be allowed or included
in this discussion group?  Or do you mean we don't "get" some universal
consensus of what should be allowed in these discussions?  Oh, there IS no
universal consensus?  Then why is it a PIANOTECH list?  (I don't mean to
shout, but I don't think this e-mail program does italics or underlining).
Why was it created under the auspices of PTG? (pianotech @ ptg.org).  Why
don't we just call it anythinggoes@ptg.org?
    Yes, we can stray from the subject at hand now and then.  A little.  And
very briefly.  If it's going to go on and on, change the subject line.  Go
to a different discussion group.  Send the message privately.  But don't
fill up the PTG PIANOtech archives with long rants, fluff, cutesy
one-upmanship, etc. etc.  A separate list for happy hour-type banter could
be formed for that.

<<Lately it seems that adding "OT" is an excuse to post anything.  I feel
this has really lowered the quality of the list content.>>
   Amen!
<<. . . .when someone (including one of us) comes to
search the archives of the piano experts, they get the off-topic stuff
as well.  That's a big shame in my opinion.>>
 And in mine also.
     --David Nereson, RPT